Saturday, November 22, 2008

Sad times.

Its amazing the range of emotions you can go through in the span of a day. The shock of someone dying suddenly begins a flow of thoughts and emotions that weighs you down to a lethargic lump.

Terry's dad has battled cancer for 2 years and won. He spent months on chemo... more months recovering from body sores and aching muscles.. He came through the other side, after chemo .... cancer free but with damaged lungs. He worked on exercise to get some strength back and improve his lungs... he struggled to eat.. and struggled with emotions..... and sore joints.

And then he died of a heart attack... In the blink of a eye.


We all feel that he never really won the battle with his cancer... the struggle took bits of him every day.. and its my personal belief that his poor heart could not keep all the parts running for him.

My dearest Frank... my daughters very first and very funny grandfather... we have so many fun memories of you... thank you for all of them.

9 comments:

ancient one said...

So sorry for your loss. Please know that you and Terry are in my thoughts and prayers. luv-n-hugs!

Anonymous said...

Your family has had a really tough year, Donna. I am so sorry to read about Frank. All of you are in my thoughts and prayers.

cpm said...

I'm so sad and sorry for your family. What a rough year you have had. No more bad things now! I'll be thinking of you and sending prayers. Are you going to Ottawa soon?
It's unbelievable how much Terry looks like his father whoa!

Anonymous said...

Saddened to here of Terry's loss so soon after losing your own Dad. Take care of yourselves! I just remember that you were there to talk to throught the rough times losing my own mom and dad. Wish I was home in NS to give you a big hug.Both Jacques and I are thinking of your family at this time. Take Care. Hope to give you a big hug at Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Donna: Haven't read your Blog in ages but had a few mins this morning....so sad about "Frank"..my goodness doesn't Terry look like his Dad. We all know how hard it is to lose a loved one, but the precious memories keep them alive with us forever. No one can take those away. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Diamondtologist

Anonymous said...

Thank you Donna.. Lovely thoughts.. see you on Thursday.. love and hugs Kelly

Sue said...

Donna, So sorry to hear this news. Wow, what a year. You will be glad to see the end of 2008. My thoughts are with your family.
Sue

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

We're so very sorry to hear about Terry's dad. We have fond memories of him from so many years ago in Sydney. Our thoughts and prayers go out to your family.

Jackie & Pauline

Sorry... It took me two tries to get my comment posted. I'm a knob!