Saturday, May 7, 2022

I have missed you Blogspot!!!


Waiting on the parts
So many times in the past few years, I have said to someone... I miss blogging.  I don't really remember why it became so hard to blog, but it did.  
On more than one occasion is the past year, friends have commented that they miss my blogs, and I always tell them I miss them too.. 
So..  why not try again.  Quietly...  just for me...  I am gonna try it!!

Today I have been preparing for a visit from family coming from the city..   for all of us... COVID took that privilege away from us and although there are no longer restrictions, it seems harder to relax and venture out of that solitary comfort that we have all grown into.

Charcuterie Boards are such a fun way to host a few friends or family!!  Stephanie and John gifted me with a wonderful bespoke canoe paddle Charcuterie board, for Xmas, for this very purpose.  It came with Scallop Shell dishes for extra places to put drippy or gooey things! (Made by Drift Works, Michael LeBlanc, Broad Cove)

The parts!!
I had so much fun shopping for this paddle board today and I had no idea how I was going to place everything, but i know that in the past when I have made plain ole rectangle Charcuterie displays... you just keeping putting stuff on...  and eventually.. it looks great!!!

I cut, chopped and sliced.. rolled, stabbed and piled.
Cheeses, meats, cream cheeses, nuts, fruit, veggies and pickles.  Crackers, bread and pretzel thingies.... 

































It was hard to know how much to make, and I squeezed as much as I could on the board, and in the sweet little dishes around.
Then after just like 15 minutes of arranging, it was finally ready for visitors!  
Suddenly, at the last minute.. plans and locations changed.  So, we scooped up all the food items off the paddle board and piled it onto a platter that was easier to transport!!! 

It was hilarious how fast I could pile the items high onto a platter and snuggle up  the cream cheeses and Bourins amongst the various items.

Now I know just how much to buy for the paddle board at the next gathering!!! 

YUP, the platter below is holding all the items that were carefully placed on the paddle!!         

                         Hard to believe!!





 



 

2 comments:

GailM. said...

♥️😍🥰

GailM. said...

Emily and I are looking at your fabulous charcuterie. Looks delish and fabulous..