Monday, May 9, 2022

The Simplest things that have changed because of COVID

I work in an office that is fairly business casual for office wear.  Nice jeans on Fridays but the rest of the week... comfortable, clean and appropriate is the dress code. 
For that past 20 years, the LAST thing I put on when I was getting ready for work was a nice pair of earrings that complimented my outfit.  I had two little dishes of loved earrings.. one on my dresser, and one on my nightstand, because the last thing I would do before falling asleep was to take those earrings out.
Every morning, I would finger through the mess of earrings, searching for what I needed that day! Sometimes I would search for one pair and find something that I hadn't worn in ages, which make me so happy to pop them into my ears!

Sadly, with the daily wearing of masks, my earrings (most of which are dangly or loops, or hooks), would get tangled up in the elastic loops.  I fought it for a while, but after losing a couple of earrings... I finally decided that masks were more important than the earrings and they became my morning accessory!!!
Therefore, the last thing I do before I head to work, is pick out a nice mask that compliments my outfit or at least my mood!!!


 

No comments: