Sunday, December 7, 2008

In the midst of Bathroom renovations


No bathroom lighting..at all....no shower curtain... no towel racks...no mirror....no toilet paper holder... We have had degrees of "no" bathroom for the past 2 weeks.. well, really 3 weeks, since we have been away for almost a week during the bathroom "Make over".

In September, I decided that I really needed to upgrade my bathroom, but affordably. We are in the 1970 Seafoam Blue color palette and Paula assured me about 3 years ago, that my bathroom color was coming back into fashion and even more popular, because its is now the bedroom and livingroom color choice for several designers. She was right.. its back. Its everywhere.. so why not take advantage!!!

A can of paint, new towel racks, new lighting, new sink and taps (old one was rusting), shower curtain and towels. Throw out the old medicine cabinet, the hooks on the wall for towels.. the laundry baskets on the floor. The result... warm and welcoming bathroom, clean and uncluttered.

The before pics are at this blog... and below is the work being done....

I can't take a pic of the finished product until the sink, taps, shelves and pictures are installed... by next weekend hopefully.

5 comments:

cpm said...

Terry is a man of many talents. Wow! What a catch! I can't wait to see the finished product.
Can Paula come do my house next please? Share the wealth Donna!

Anonymous said...

Very nice!! Can't wait to see it in person!

GailM. said...

I can't wait to see it. I agree... I need Paula to come help me decorate for Christmas. I can't seem to get with it!

ancient one said...

It's going to be very pretty!

Unknown said...

Hi Donna. Hope your bathroom is finished and ready to go. (Pun intended.)

Yup... connected with two people from the past - Colleen and Merne. I'm sure you remember both of them.

How's your weather? It's raining right now before it drops to -20 overnight. Sigh.......