Sunday, April 26, 2009

A weekend of new beginnings

The first sunny weekend of the year. Imagine. We seemed to go from winter to summer in one week. Its a great feeling and I can feel how the sun rejuvenates a person.

Our weekend started with an evening with Michelle and Scott in their mostly empty apt, and we spent all evening, emptying paint cans, ladders, empty boxes, etc out of all the mostly empty rooms, so there would be room to move all the stuff in that belongs in those rooms. Before we left our place, I packed a little suitcase (with Mollie's help) for Jill's' house and Mollie sat patiently at the window. She knew exactly what I was doing as I put all her belongings in the bag, because each time I put something in it, I told her it was for Jill's house. She wasn't one bit upset when we left her home, and Jill said when she arrived after her grocery run, Mollie didn't even bark when she pulled in. She was waiting at the top of the steps next to her suitcase. Jill told her to get a "baby" to bring with her, and off she ran and brought back her yellow duck to add to the bag! Its so great to have Auntie Jill in the family. Shes' been Mollies second Mom since Mollie was born!


We were all pooped by the end of the night so it was a relatively early night. The morning bought the first of two beautiful days and we were on the road, with car and rental truck before 8am and we were in the Nish by 9:45am. Just so you know, when your kids tell you they are all packed....don't ever believe them. I fall for it almost every time.. but actually, it wasn't as bad as I first thought and nothing a trip to the grocery store couldn't solve.
Our little hitch hiker at the grocery store was a good luck omen and made us feel great about the day. 10 large banana boxes and a box of egg boxes later, and we were packing and cleaning while Terry, Scott and the Saint, Pat C., humped there way up and down a tall flight of steps hauling boxes, bags and large furniture items into the awaiting rental truck.

After a yummy lunch and another hour of cleaning, we were on the road again and back in Dartmouth by 5. We had the truck unloaded and all belongings deposited in there respective rooms and we were seated and eating supper by 7:30. Kim brought us some pasta salad, ham, strawberry and spinach salad and lemon pie... yum...

We hugged and kissed everyone and were off in the car by 9:00 for home and our own bed...

Sunday morning was a lazy start but before 10 we had friends at the door stealing our kayaks to try out the canal and I was off to church to teach a fun lesson to the kids about growing in God's love and we planted big fat Scarlett runner beans in plant pots decorated with stickers, crayons and yarn.

My afternoon was spent in silence... raking, kneeling, transplanting, weeding, discovering and relishing in nature. My family were in my thoughts today, while I gardened. My kids, my dad, Terry's mom and sisters, all in my thoughts... how lucky I am to have such a great family, whom I love so much. Being outside and in the sun, and quiet... makes me feel soooo good.

3 comments:

ancient one said...

So you have planted your scarlet beans... with the children at church.. I need to put some of mine in dirt... I think I'm growing them in a pot this year...in case we have a drought, they will be easier to water...closer to the back door and the water hose...

You had a busy weekend...moving is hard work...not that I know... I just packed up and got out of the way... husband always took care of the moving...

My weekend went well. Saturday, mom, sister, and cousin visited. Then that night son, his wife, husband and I went to a high school play "The Diary of Anne Franck"... Sunday it was church, lunch and to the hospital to see two friends... one is doing fine and expects to leave the hospital soon... the other not so good.. is now in Palative Care...

Anonymous said...

What kind of flowers are those in your post? the White ones? Beautiful! KofO

cpm said...

What a beautiful post! I'm so happy you're happy!