Monday, February 15, 2010

February Grumbles softened by friends...




February is a hard month. I can't really explain, and I have a feeling that I don't really need to. February is full of unpredictable weather, treacherous driving, colds, flu and fevers.... cranky people and energy-draining cloudy days.

A great way to chase those February Blahs away is spending a weekend with friends. I did that last weekend when I went off on a Curling Bonspiel weekend to a small French community about 1.5 hours from my place.
My weekend was spent with 11 other women from my community, some were best friends, some were long time friends and others were fellow members of the club I belong to. We curled, we ate, we drank and we laughed. We shared stories... some fun, some sad, some informative. We started the weekend sharing one house, 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 couches and one great big kitchen as three curling teams from Greenwood. By the end of the weekend, though, we headed for home, not as curlers but as 12 friends... 12 girls from all walks of life, 12 ladies with as many differences as similarities...
Although we curled most of the weekend, my memories will be of our mornings and evenings... sitting in a big circle around the kitchen. Sleepy breakfast chat... sharing snoring stories, rolling and not rolling stories...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun! I am on the countdown for February to be over- can't wait to see the end of it!
Jill

GailM. said...

It's nice to spend time with friends, and you do have a great bunch of friends there.

I think next year, the first part of February, you need to make a dozen pair of pants for your curling team. Bright and snazzy pants like the Norway curling team. How fun would that be!!!

Anonymous said...

It was a fun weekend! Can't wait for your next year - nice to have something in February to look forward to!

Debbie

Anonymous said...

good afternoon ppl. I'm honestly into shoes and I have been digging for that meticulous make. The prices seeking the shoes are approximately 210 dollars everwhere. But for all I base this area selling them someone is concerned half price. I in reality love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order them. what can you tell me about these?