Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Frostie froggie

Can you believe it is Oct 22 ish and we have had 4 nights in a row that are -3 each night, with days no warmer than 7 degrees..... and my little pond frog is still in my pond in the afternoons. I am worried to death about him. My pond has a rubber bottom, no mud, and I am worried that he is going to wait too long to find a muddy place to burrow in for the winter and he is going to end up freezing. Terry thought we could scoop him up and bring him to the river on the weekend.. We might do that...


Frost has hit..... ewwwww The hostas are yellowed....The marigolds are black (and Yellow) the Sedum is red.. and beautiful I might add

And a lovely shot of Julies two trees in her yard that I admire each day...

2 comments:

ancient one said...

Ohhh that is cold.. though I will not be too sorry to see a killing frost if it will help with my sinuses!

Anonymous said...

I have a pond if your cold little frog needs a home. Cricket