Sunday, August 9, 2009

Keeping Busy


Its so hard when you lose a pet, especially if your a sicko family like ours and make your pet part of the make up of your family.
There were so many plus's to having Mollie, that eventually, the "end" will seem small compared to all the good stuff. But right now, all I seem to focus on is that she is gone.

Its strange how I still hear her every now and then... a thump that tells me she has just jumped off my bed, or a small deep bark to tell me she wants out for a pee.. or in from a pee... I step over her, when she isn't there... out of the corner of my eye, the laptop case is her, stretched out on her side, or the black cushion on the floor by my bed....

To survive this tough time, that I know will pass, we have kept busy and I have been avoiding most people. Yesterday we helped Michelle and Scott in Dartmouth with house stuff, and Terry helped his mom and sister with moving things, and putting things up on the walls (Joan has just moved into an apt in Halifax). We got home late last night but on our way home we planned a kayaking trip to Keji for today.
KEJI..........spectacular... as always... We paddled Jeremy's Bay which took two hours, and we lunched on the sandbar and rested our weary butts. Then off we went again, in the opposite direction to look for picnic sites.. .and found two.. with an outhouse, no less.! I had already pee'd in the woods but took advantage of the privacy and went again.. just in case!
We are always amazed when we go out, at how many dragonflies hop a ride on the front of the kayaks. We are thinking that maybe they are attracted to the yellow ... I had no less than 10 or so, and Terry had one guy hitch a ride for over 20 minutes and only go off the front, when we beached our boats for a break.



The sky was brilliant blue white with large white pillow clouds that gave us a break from the sun every few minutes.

This guy posed in several different positions, seemingly waiting for me to take the shot before he would change direction or flex his wings.... stupidly I took about 10 pics of him while he posed.


This is the sandbar off of the tip of Jeremy's peninsula.. and you can walk out quite far before there is a sudden drop. After we left here, we paddled for an hour, before returning and when we did, there were about 10 kids here, dropped off by a man in a zodiac type boat and they were having a blast with a football out on the sandbar.

Tomorrow... morning walk with Debbie, and then lunch with friends.....

Thank you to everyone for your kind words on both this blog and the facebook edition. I am so blessed to have such nice friends who understand the sadness of losing a pet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Donna: Funny that you would have a dragonfly on the kayak...or many of them...every time I see a dragonfly I think it is a visit from my friend Dena...perhaps she visited with you today. That would be a nice visit. Your kayak pictures from Keji look so calming. Keep smiling. Your Diamondtologist Friend

ancient one said...

Donna.. I don't know why your pictures don't get bigger...I noticed that yours have a border line around them... mine don't... I just use the basic bogger ... load them big and they will get big when you click on them...sorry I can't help....

Enjoyed your photos on this blog... boats and water get me everytime...