Friday, August 7, 2009

The loss of a friend is always hard.....

Mollie

Oct 1999-Aug 2009

Our beautiful Mollie Dog passed away yesterday after a very brief illness. After suffering a touch of something we thought was heatstroke on Sunday, we kept a watchful eye on her. She became lethargic and listless over this past week and after several vet visits, blood tests showed she was bleeding internally, probably from a ruptured tumor somewhere in her upper body. We decided to not prolong things with more tests or surgery, because it wasn't very likely the problem could have been fixed once found.

Her very kind friend (and Vet) Sarah, made her last few minutes warm and comforting by taking us outside, and we sat in the grass, enjoying the sun, chatting and petting her. She lay with head in my hands and fell asleep as peacefully as she does any other night in my bed in front of the TV.

She leaves a huge void in our house and our family. We will miss her smiling face, her shoe carrying, her door bell duties, her nut cracking snacks, her hugs, her conversation and so much more.

9 comments:

Scott said...

You will be dearly missed Mollie.

Caleigh said...

I'm gonna miss Molly soo much. She was one of favourite parts of visiting Aunt Donna's house. Without Molly I would never have gotten Bella. So in some way, without Molly everyone that meet her life's wouldn't be the same.

ancient one said...

That's sad...

Anonymous said...

Donna- I am so sorry to hear this news. Molly's absence will leave a huge void in your home!I will miss receiving a shoe every time I come to your house and our morning walks (when they resume) won't be the same without Molly's company.
Love,
Debbie

Unknown said...

She had a wonderful life with a loving family. No dog could ask for more.

Trudy & Mark

Anonymous said...

Donna: I am so sorry to hear about Mollie. You didn't even mention it today, guess that is why you looked so sad today. Truly sorry...... Your Diamondtologist Friend.

Anonymous said...

Rest in Peace Sweet Molly. You were truly one-of-a-kind. We will all miss you terribly Love James, Kelly Aubrey and Gillian.

Anonymous said...

Donna & Terry
Our sympathies on the loss of Molly. We know she will never be forgotten.
Dawn & Terry

Anonymous said...

Donna,
I am so sorry that Mollie is gone. I will miss seeing her bring me a shoe when I came to visit (and finding one of every pair of shoes scattered over my house), having her press her head into my knees as she received some love and that sweet, sweet face. She will be missed by so many people. I am so sorry she is gone.

Jill