Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Quilts

One of the fun things about going to my Aunts is to see all her projects. My mom and her sisters are famous for their generousity, and creative energy. Seeing my the work my Aunt has displayed all around her home made me miss my mom, but also remember all her fun and bright craft projects, ideas and obsessions!! This sweet little house greets you when you walk up her door step. This beautifully painted basket of flowers (on a rock) is painted for my uncle Lawrence. The picture just doesn't do it justice at all. This entire wall hanging is paper pieced quilting. there are millions of pieces to this wall hanging, I know, I have the pattern. And when ever I get tempted to try it.... I pass out. When I come to... I have come to my senses!!!


Just your ordinary stain glass quilts.... HA... so absolutely gorgeous and vibrant. I didn't take a picture of half of the beautiful quilts. I am not even sure why. Lost my head, I think... all the lobster and ham......

2 comments:

GailM. said...

oh, nice pictures. I didn't even bring my camera :( with me on the weekend. I'm so glad you brought yours.

ancient one said...

Those photos were great. Some mighty talented folks you got in your family!!