Friday, October 26, 2007

Friday Foolishness



This really is so funny, and so true. If anyone reading owns a cat, you surely have had mornings or middle of the nights like this.


Its the weekend.... I can't believe it. First off, the week flew by so fast and secondly it was the longest week of the year. Can that really be!!!! I did some new accounting training this week via telephone in the middle of my Grand Central Station office. What a nightmare, but its over, and I learned lots. I had a visit from one of the upper management to see how my records are kept etc, and that went well. I am "A" personality at work (not at home) so I wasn't too worried about that visit. She did bring me a chocolate ghost as a treat, for helping two of our other school secretaries who need constant contact to get them through little things. Its so hard for them to reach the Upper Management, so I offered to be their life line... Helps me learn too when I am walking them through things. Today, I spent 6 hours in EXCEL training which I already have extensive training in. But it was the lesser of several evils as far as PD training choices go for Secretaries. Today was Provincial Conference Day which means that every employee of the School System in this province is at some sort of Personal Development through out the province. Anyway, back to Excel.... I learned tons of little shortcuts today that I probably never paid attention to in any other course, because there were so many things I needed to learn. So today I learned Excel Validation, Worksheet formula combining and a few cool quick items. I can't wait to get to work on Monday to play around!!


Yesterday, at school was WEAR PINK FOR PEACE day. And I have the best picture of our whole school in action.... it was fun and heartwarming at the same time! The whole theme of Pink day came from our neighbouring high school "Central Kings". During the first week of school, one of the male students who was knew to the school (grade 9) happen to wear a pink tee shirt to school. During the day, some of the other kids made fun of him and even did some bullying. A few of the grade 12 students didn't like this, and wanted to show their support for the grade 9 boy who happened to like wearing pink. These older boys started a movement throughout the whole school and with in three days they had enough support that they proclaimed that Friday (Sept 7th) Pink Day and almost the entire school wore Pink tee shirts or at the very least pink armbands. How proud are we of Central Kings students to send a message to the world.... we say NO to bullying and YES to peace. Oct 25 was our Peace Day at Kingston School!!!

5 comments:

mickermoodles said...

I love the kitty video, i think whoever made it must know sonny. The picture of KDS looks great, its really nice for everyone to support the Pink for Peace campaign.

Jill MacDonald said...

Love, Love, Love the KDS photo!

Anonymous said...

I just about choked, I was laughing so hard, when I watched the cat. That's our cat.

Anonymous said...

That was me - Gail - above. Forgot to sign my name. Meowww...

Anonymous said...

Love the KDS pink for peace photo - what an awesome idea!!!
Debbie