Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Just don't feel like blogging......

I have so much to tell... but not feeling like sitting down to blog. Gotta cold, sore throat, no voice.....can't get rid of it... no energy... ugh.
I am now in the last few days of work..... getting the final things done for next school year. Just waiting for staffing. Should all be decided for the teachers, on Friday, and EA's on Monday. Unfortunately, I will be finished work on Friday, but will get all the updates for staff, and do all the last minute things..... floor plan, playground firedrill map, Emergency, Conference and Attendance cards (all with staff names), switch mailbox names, PA names, etc. That is our Friday work.... and then done.
Canada Day weekend.....
Terry & Scott headed up to Fredericton to help Stephanie and Sean move into their new, deeper in town, second floor apt. But along they way, they made a surprise visit to my cousis, Sandra's house with a little treat for their new house. Some deck chairs and pots of flowers for their VERY bare backyard deck. The "surprise visit" was the best part.
The move was successful, but no pictures. Hopefully Stephanie will send along pictures, or at least blog soon.
Meanwhile, back in Greenwood.... I was blessed with a visit from my sister, her hubby, and Emily. What a fun filled weekend we had. The highlight of the weekend was Oaklawn Farm and the "feeding of the bear". Emily was so excited to let her sister know that SHE FED the BEAR.
Some of the other events of the weekend were..... Upper Clements Park, Dollarama, People's Jewelers, A "Nova Scotia" tee shirt... Ratatouille (the movie), big airplanes and buying her sister some little presents to bring back with her.

















Sunday morning, everyone was on the move. Emily and her grandparents left quite early, and Terry and Scott arrived home early afternoon, in plenty of time to watch the fireworks at 10pm. Ashley came for supper, and joined us for the fireworks. there isn't too many fireworks nights here in Greenwood that we don't spend with at least 1 of the Walker Clan.

GARDENS.... again?... sorry.... they are so fun

Baskets......
Mostly shade pots in my yard with the except of the two in the driveway.




















Scarlett Runner Beans....... they have reached 7 ft....

June 7th- the beans are just starting to pop up, and its before the tomatoes are planted.





















July 4th- the beans are 7 feet tall, the tomatoes have blooms, and the rhubarb is gigantic!!
This is my favorite little mystery plant in my garden. I planted it 5 years ago, it blooms every second year, and produces tons of little plants that are easy to transplant. When the blooms fall off the centers turn into pretty globes of red. And today it bloomed its first burst of color, and will bloom all summer.
Thats it.... all I have energy for......




2 comments:

Josee said...

Hey Donna, I think that flower is called a blanket flower. See ya!

ancient one said...

Hey Donna! Hope you are feeling better! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Now I know where to find you! I love your pics of your gardens. I have a bean plant going also. Janie in Texas sent me the seeds. She calls it Hyacinth Seed Vine. I grow mine in a pot and let it run up the light pole. It blooms in Oct.~ann