Friday, November 13, 2009

Butter Brickle Dessert-updated with pictures...

I am going for supper tomorrow night at a friends house... and we are hoping to make this a tradition. The 6 of us, all with kids who have grown up together and have all moved out of the house have been friends for a long time but its rare we all get together. Tomorrow will be the first time. We have all agreed that the meal is an excuse to get together and we don't want anyone to go overboard or get over worked. It will be my job to bring dessert. We have a few limitations, since things with Cream Cheese are forbidden, and fruit desserts are out too.
My choice for dessert will be a old family favorite. I use to make it a lot when the kids were young, but sadly I ate way too much of it, and decided that this recipe was to be only used when I knew I would have guests to help eat it all. This recipe comes from the Red Best of Bridge book.

Butter Brickle Dessert

2 cups flour
1/2 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 sticks of Margarine
1 cup chopped pecans
1 jar Kraft Caramel Sauce
2 litres of Ice Cream

Melt the margarine, add flour, oatmeal, brown sugar and pecans. Pat thin on a large cookie sheet and bake at 400 for 15 minutes.
Crumble while hot and spread half on bottom of 9 x 13 pan.
Drizzle 1/2 jar of caramel topping over the crumbs and spread the ice cream over the top.
Put the remaining crumbs on ice cream and drizzle rest of caramel sauce on top.... Freeze.
Bonus pics... Michelle made me some homemade caramel instead of Kraft (snob), so I snapped a few pics of that too.

First add 200 grams of sugar, a bit at a time...
It will turn caramel brown,
then add cream... yummmmm

3 comments:

GailM. said...

ahh, much better with pictures. It absolutely looks yummy. You must be excited to see the end of your alone time. I hope Terry stays the night. I have 2 projects :)

Anonymous said...

FYI...I just made this for dessert...damn that taste I had at your house yesterday!!!!

J.

Ilene/Doral Douglas said...

Thanks for this. I had given my red B of B to someone and want to make this for my grandaughters rehearsal dinner! I used to eat waaaaay too much of it also so haven't made it in awhile. Gotta love the internet! Thanks again!